[squeak-dev] Hudson Status?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 4 14:15:18 UTC 2011

On 03.05.2011, at 22:39, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have chunk of free time coming up, and a bunch of professional experience with CI. Seems I end up being the guy who sets it up and drives the effort wherever I go.
>
> Curious where the status for the Hudson effort is. Is the blocker mostly time? I should be able to get it done, if so.
>
> I'm interested in doing both VM-level and image-level CI. If you're currently working on the Hudson effort for Squeak, please let me know so that I don't have to duplicate your efforts.
>
> Thank you!

Great! I'd start with what I see as most valuable to us right now, which is having the tests getting run regularly after each trunk commit. (Or rather, if there was no package uploaded for say 30 minutes, or nightly builds, or whatever).

So IMHO what's most needed is getting Squeak Trunk image builds automated. Later it could be extended for building release images, all-in-one packages, VMs, etc. but knowing right away what tests broke seems most useful to me.

- Bert -