[squeak-dev] irc client with squeak?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 05:13:18 UTC 2011

One possible strategy: load it in whatever version of Squeak it last loaded for you in, run the updates, test it, rinse repeat until you're at 4.3. If you're lucky it might just work (MC itself has changed some over the last couple years, etc. Every once in awhile walking the update path has been useful to me. Except when starting from before 4.1, the closure bootstrap can be bothersome unless you've got some time to deal with troubles.)

Nicolas' suggestions about Compiler prefs is good and worth trying first. If you're getting syntax errors, this really is the most likely culprit that I know of.

Most likely it's just going to need a few tweaks to work again.

FWIW I'm interested in getting the IRC client working again. I have a deficit of time, but I'll be watching the thread and I'll all do whatever I'm able to help.

Why not post your debug.log?

Casey