[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Tools-bf.391.mcz

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 16 13:09:55 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 12:07, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-bf.391.mcz

> Name: Tools-bf.391
> Author: bf
> Time: 16 December 2011, 1:07:07.748 pm
> UUID: 0cb588ab-a21a-40f1-839d-6059e89573a3
> Ancestors: Tools-cao.390
>
> Workaround: disable logging of user-interrupt to ensure interruptability (real fix to come after 4.3 release)

-1. Disabling *all* debug logs is a rather high price to pay in my book.
You will not be able to get *any* debug logs out of 4.3.

If this issue is considered a serious problem (personally I think it's a
rather obscure use case to require interrupting 10000 factorial to have
a sub-second response) then how about simply evaluating "Preferences
disable: #logDebuggerStackToFile" instead of hardcoding it out? At the
very least, those people not having the above use case can re-enable
their debug logging.

Or even better, now that we know the cause of the problem how about
recommending that the person who originally reported the problem simply
turn off their logging locally?

Cheers,
   - Andreas