[squeak-dev] Search bar, or is it?

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:39:00 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

I appreciate that you have taken time to reply to my message. A bit of
history into how you have used TextMorph, it's very creative. :)
Autofit does make sense within what you have written but not so much
when it comes to search itself. Regardless, I could very well live
with the feature as long as it is controlled.

Let's say, autofit should affect only the TextMorph and not the menu.
Perhaps, the TextMorph should also have a maximum possible height
(i.e. a bit less than half the screen?) and a scrollbar could be
available when the text overflows. The TextMorph should retrofit
whenever it loses focus. This is the kind of behaviour I would expect
in the current approach.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/