[squeak-dev] Squeak All-in-One

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Apr 29 13:21:57 UTC 2010

> What I've done is use that All-in-One file, and incorporated a version
> of Stephane's muO work, so there's now a prototype muO All-in-One file
> available at http://www.filebanker.com/muo-all-in-one (random hosting
> service). This took half an hour for me to do, so we've now got a nice
> basis for any developer to quickly package up their work for wide
> distribution.

That's a nice try, but it is not finished: muO needs auxilliary files
(that's mostly documentation).

My own "ready-to-use" distribution for Windows (at
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/muo/muO%20235%20image.zip, which I
guess you worked upon) includes two folders ("muO books" and "rawwaves")
that should be located in the same directory as the image; that would be
in the Resources directory of your archive.

Then there is the problem that a saved image is not easily available:
the All-in-one executable always launches the initial image. In the case
of muO, this is a show stopper, since it is a development environment,
not an application supposed to always start from scratch.

Stef