[squeak-dev] Squeak All-in-One

John Richards ajtr at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 29 12:18:58 UTC 2010

works fine on a Mac with Leopard at least

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
04/29/10 08:13 AM
Please respond to
The general-purpose Squeak developers list

The general-purpose Squeak developers list
cc

Subject
Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak All-in-One

On 29.04.2010, at 14:03, Göran Krampe wrote:

> On 04/29/2010 12:27 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>> On 29 April 2010 12:51, Bert Freudenberg<bert at freudenbergs.de>  wrote:
>>> Agreed. Let's build it. But Amazon marketing be damned, please don't
call it "1-click". Makes me cringe every time.

>>> Actually ... I just made one. Only tested on Mac and Linux-i686, but
chances are it works on Windows, too:

>>> http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/Squeak-4.1-All-in-One.zip
>>>
>> Works on my windoze XP!
>
> Worked fine as in sure-double-click-fired-it-up-indeed on my Xubuntu
9.10 (Karmic Koala).

> regards, Göran

Neat, thanks for testing. Now we just need independent confirmation it
works on Mac, too.  If so, should I move it to the official 4.1 download
directory?

Might be good to put a little README.txt inside, just to spell out which
file to double-click. If someone writes a little blurb I'll update the
zip.

Also, we could add more VMs if people provide them, though these three
should go a long way. Not sure what to do about 64 bit Linux, maybe just
tweak the script to run the 32 bit version anyway?

- Bert -