[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Sound-wiz.17.mcz

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 28 15:46:55 UTC 2010

On 4/28/2010 8:27 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> If I remember well the point of departure for Jerome was that there is
> no Beeper class anymore. And he wants to have a replacement for that.

Not exactly. The method Object>>beep: was removed. Class Beeper is still
there. That's why my original recommendation was to implement
Beeper>>beep: and get on with it. It seems like Jerome got a bit
side-tracked in explorations of language :-) I would still say that the
best way to address the problem is to implement the idiomatic "Beeper
beep:" and leave the String protocol alone.

Cheers,
   - Andreas