[squeak-dev] [Documentation] Pragma / Method Annotation / Method Property | SUMMARY

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:42:54 UTC 2010

On 4/27/10, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 2010-04-27 um 19:44 schrieb Hannes Hirzel:
>
>> Pragmas / Method Annotations / Method Properties
>> are used for
>> 1) primitives
>> 2) version information
>> 3) preferences
>> 4) and probably in the future for the menu definitions
>>
> FWIW,
> I used ”them“ to tag methods that adhere to a specific
> “user contract.“ the method writer promised by using a
> specific Pragma to call certain methods.
>
> So Long,
> 	-Tobias

Excellent idea!

I assume you have seen the writeup by Andreas Raab summarizing this discussion
Annotations for Service Discovery
http://squeakingalong.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/annotations-for-service-discovery/

I include it here as a reference and to emphasise it.

The other interesting thing is an evaluation of the experience of the Pharo team
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/149750.html

So as a summary - let's make good use of the pragmas/method
annotations/method properties.

If you count them over 90% of the 850 are still just used for working
with the primitives.

The discussion how to use them for menu entries is still on-going
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/149770.html

--Hannes