[squeak-dev] Re: shared object between main.exe and Squeak.dll

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 06:51:20 UTC 2010

You can use
addGCRoot() function
so, you don't need to bother that your object is moved around and your
pointer to it is invalidated
because object has moved to a different location.

It doesn't 'pins' the object in memory, but tell VM that an object
pointer, stored at given memory location
should be kept healthy.
Also, it makes sure that your object will not be GCed , even if there
is no other objects referencing it.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.