[Squeak-dev] World Menu Registry

Stephan Wessels stevewessels at me.com
Sun Apr 25 14:58:00 UTC 2010

I have published this morning to Squeak Source a package that provides
broader menu registry capability to the World Menu.  The package is
WorldMenuRegistry-sbw.1.mcz.  With this package installed into Squeak
4.1, a developer can easily extend, and later on remove if required,
menus entries for the following World menus using a registry system:
	open - Already existed and works with this package without changing
existing entries
	appearance
	changes
	project
	help

There is also a unit test which exercises each of these menus and can
be perused for examples of menu registry use.

The next step is to enhance the new menu/world dock to add registry
support.  When all of that is working, I'll publish an update to the
Desktop Background Screens package that will use the new menu
registries dynamically.

Cheers,
  - Steve