[squeak-dev] Re: How to switch vm's (Ubuntu/Linux)

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 03:28:57 UTC 2010

[squeak-dev]
Hi Chris,

I am also using Ubuntu. I am doing a lot of test piloting and final got to the point of needing something like I had on my old mac. The ability to mix and match images and vms.

Ubuntu has a great desktop launcher system and I final figured a way to have implement a drag and drop solution. To drag an icon on to an icon and have the image I want launched in the vm of my choice. When things settle down I make a double clickable launcher with both filenames together.

I described the solution here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148586.html

I have not 'installed' these images. I have simply downloaded and extracted the compressed files. I haven't noticed problems with the vm2202 released with 4.1 final.

I have not tried to install the new images, they remain in folders within my home folder space. I have a one user setup sofar.

hth,

Yours in curiosity and service.