[squeak-dev] Opt for Annotations Pane

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Apr 24 10:50:20 UTC 2010

Hi.

I'd like to propose to turn the Annotations Pane
_on_ by default. IMHO, this will give some advantages:

•	Awareness of:
	–	Have _I_ already changed the method I'm watching?
	–	How old is this method
		(can be useful if two methods provide similar behaviour)
	–	Who can be contacted directly if something
		is unclear
	–	What Category/Protocol is this method in
		(really useful if you're browsing “-- all --” methods)
•	A glimpse on the class comment when browsing
	classes (and the awareness of missing Class comments,
	a problem that annoyed me recently)

Turning the AnnPane on is one of the first things I do when
opening a new Image.

So Long,
	-Tobias