[squeak-dev] Quadrangle >> exampleInViewer baby graphics bug

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Apr 24 01:04:20 UTC 2010

Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Lawson English wrote:

>>> Have a look at: http://squeaksource.com/MandelMorph2.html
>>> It won't load smoothly, because some method has floats which use
>>> obsolete formatting (- 2.5), but after fixing those (remove the
>>> space between - and 2.5) you can evaluate this:
>>>
>>> MandelMorph2 new openInWorld
>>>

>>> Levente
>>>

>> Thanks. I'm still a noob though. How do I fix a package that has
>> errors when I try to load it?
>
> You'll get a Syntax Error window. Fix the code there and press cmd+s
> on mac or alt+s on other platforms.
> Normally this should be enough, but there's a problem with MC. It's
> not able to load methods other than the fixed one for some reason. So
> I closed the debugger and merged the package, but rejected the fixed
> method.
> I saved the package and uploaded here:
> http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak/MandelMorph2-ul.3.mcz

Thanks. I had gotten that far with John Dougan's help and tried to save
back to the repository but it wouldn't accept since I lack a password.
   I converted all references of Floats to Fractions just to see if
there was an easy way to give it higher precision but it slowed down to
< Apple ][ speeds when I did that.

Obviously the naive way isn't going to work. I gotta think there's some
glitch with what I did, or incompatibility with the algorithm and
Fractions....

Lawson