[squeak-dev] Re: SMSqueakMapAdminView (was Maui 1.2 release 1)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Apr 23 05:29:23 UTC 2010

On 4/22/2010 10:18 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
>> Very good example of what I dislike in Squeaksource: go to the above link,
>> then try and find a *single sentence* explaining what this is about. None.
>>
>> Talk about documentation...
>
> In this case, I guess you didn't click on the "wiki" tab to see the
> reference to the already-published documentation..?
>
> I really don't get it.  You said you don't like "Squeaksource" because
> some human didn't put more information into it.  Hell, Squeaksource
> gives humans an entire wiki tab to enter documentation, so isn't your
> criticism misplaced?

No, the Squeaksource wiki is completely useless. You cannot link to it,
you cannot index it, it might as well not exist. Instead of pointing you
to, e.g., http://squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder/wiki?page=Mumble I need to
tell you: Go to http://squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder.html. Then click on
the Wiki button. On the page find the link to "bla". Click on the link.
This gets you to the "bla" page. On that page find the link to "foo".
Click on that link. Then find the link to "mumble". On that page you can
the information you're looking for. Oh and Google? What's a Google?

Cheers,
   - Andreas