[squeak-dev] SMSqueakMapAdminView (was Maui 1.2 release 1)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 05:18:06 UTC 2010

> Very good example of what I dislike in Squeaksource: go to the above link,
> then try and find a *single sentence* explaining what this is about. None.
>
> Talk about documentation...

In this case, I guess you didn't click on the "wiki" tab to see the
reference to the already-published documentation..?

I really don't get it.  You said you don't like "Squeaksource" because
some human didn't put more information into it.  Hell, Squeaksource
gives humans an entire wiki tab to enter documentation, so isn't your
criticism misplaced?

It's the same gripe I have when folks criticize Wiki technology as not
being effective because it is "out of date."  That's not the Wiki
being ineffective, that's people being ineffective..  Wiki tries
better than most any other "doc" solution for the documentation to
remain "up to date" by providing community empowerment.  Is the wiki
supposed to also solve the problem of human laziness?

Andreas even said updating the wiki doesn't have any community
visibility.  But wait, any or all pages could send an e-mail to
squeak-dev whenever they're updated and that tech has been there for
over a decade.  How could *Andreas* forget that?

Like I said, I don't get it..