[squeak-dev] looks evolution

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:31:00 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question has nothing to do with anyone's personal taste or
> interest.  I was simply suggesting that Squeak take on slightly
> enhanced looks with each new release, rather than looking exactly like
> the old release.

and basically, I agree. But the background is really just the
background, and does not have anything to do with how the GUI feels
when it's being used.

4.1 looks "different" anyway.

> I think the face-lifting brought some energy to the end of the 4.1
> release, and people seem to be energized by new eye-candy..

But don't you think the eye-candy that energized people is in other
places than the background? What I really like about the GUI
enhancements is the slick buttons, title bar sizes, and window
colouring. That's what people *work* with.

Hm. In the end, I realise I really don't care about the background. I
remove it and get to work. :-)

Best,

Michael