SqueakMap caching was: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Maui 1.2 release 1

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 14:12:07 UTC 2010

Hi, well, I finally figured, rather than change my logical release
number, "1.2r1", I decided instead to just name my sar file,
"Maui1.2r1.nn.sar", where nn is incremented each time I need to post a
fixed version.  This seemed to relieve the pain of the caching.

Göran, can you help me understand the use-case for the caching?  I
think you said, "in case the file becomes corrupted" but I guess my
question is, if it _did_ become corrupted, how would the author go
about fixing it?  I guess by just posting it under a new name but..
it would be nice if squeakmap would not let me waste my time;
uploading the same-named (but different contents) file turned out to
be just spinning my wheels..