[Esug-list] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Talking to Steve Jobs about Scratch.

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Thu Apr 22 05:19:28 UTC 2010

2010/4/21 John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>

> Phil, last week I asked the smalltalk community (ESUG  etc), to stay claim
> and wait for Apple to think about it based on an email
> exchange I had with Steve Jobs. At the time I thought it prudent to wait a
> further decision or statement.
>
> Give that Wired publish Alan & my thoughts on the matter it's likely now
> time to consider what to do next.
>
> So this is NOT the fault of ESUG not being proactive, they were itching to
> do something.
>
> At the moment I believe they are collecting ideas how to approach the
> problem in a meaningful manner.
> Suggestions are welcome.

I guess you already though about this one but hit *gently* where it hurts:
Google.

Explain there a few things: in one hand Apple decided to wipe out non home
dev. tools, in the other hand Android is wide open, then Google support
dynamic languages, and Smalltalk particularly, throught GSoC initiative.

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire