[squeak-dev] [ANN} ProcustesEnd updated to last trunk

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:32:27 UTC 2010

On 4/20/10 1:24 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did
>
>    (Installer ss project: 'Ladrillos') install: 'MorphicPuzzle'.
>
> in a workspace.
>
> It loaded but came up with an error complaining that in PuzzleMorph
>
> initialize
> | myResources aStream |
> myResources := (PackageInfo named: 'MorphicPuzzle') resources.
>
> It does not understand #resources
>

> Hannes
>
> On 4/20/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Open MonticelloBrowser
>> Put
>> MCHttpRepository location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos'
>>  user: ''
>> password: ''
>>
>> Download Monticello (Monticello-edc.389), this install also PackageInfo-Base
>> (PackageInfo-Base-edc.43)
>>
>> Now select MorphicPuzzle (MorphicPuzzle-edc.2) and load.
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> I plan migrate all games to ProcustesEnd format for get rid of .pr
>> headaches, stay tuned.
>>
>> Edgar

Hannes:

You install first Monticello-edc.389 and PackageInfo-Base-edc.43?
I test in last trunk and works.
Repeat again ProcustesEnd idea.
Is having a .mcz which behaves like a .sar and could be stored in
squeaksorce.
So you could pack all you .gif, .jpg, .png, .txt, .morph, etc in one logical
file.
For this my PackageInfo have the PackageResources class and knows how deal
with the resources you stored.
I do not use Installer , so no test how deal with this enhaced .mcz.
Follow strict my mail and works.
Or try my SqueakLight3 and all the small differences with trunk, one is
ProcustesEnd

See also http://www.squeaksource.com/TaiPei.html

Edgar