[squeak-dev] [4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:32:24 UTC 2010

I did an installation in a fresh image.

I get an error again (see screenshot).

Maybe I did not install Squeak properly on Ubuntu 9.10.

I just downloaded the image and the VM from
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.1/unix-linux/Squeak-4.0.3.2202-linux_i386.tar.gz

I unpacked the VM and double clicked on squeak.sh (hidden in the bin directory).
Then I am prompted for an image

Hannes

------------------------------

"I installed SqueakDBX ( http://www.squeakdbx.org ) with the following commands"

  (Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX'.
  (ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: '1.1') load

"Then I tried to access a local mySQL database (Ubuntu 9.10) with an
adapted code snippet from the method testExampleConnection"

| conn connectionSettings |
      connectionSettings := DBXConnectionSettings
                      host: '127.0.0.1'
                      port: '3306'
                      database: 'lex'
                      userName: 'hh2'
                      userPassword: 'something'.
      conn := DBXConnection platform: DBXMySQL4Platform new settings:
connectionSettings.
      conn connect.
      conn open.

"Alternatively I tried DBXMySQL4Platform"