[squeak-dev] Re: Why isn't Squeak 4.1 updating?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 20 09:04:57 UTC 2010

On 20.04.2010, at 05:03, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 4/19/2010 5:18 PM, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
>> Ok, bad phrased question. Real question is: setting preferences to
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk will keep compatibility with future
>> updates of squeak41 ???
>
> That's pretty much a given. It would be weird to have incompatible changes between 4.1 fixes and current trunk development. Not impossible but highly unlikely.
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Well, maybe I misunderstood the question, but I expect to see changes in trunk that you would not want to see in 4.1. It's our current stable release (btw, someone should update Wikipedia) so if packages are posted to the 4.1 repository, they would not simply be taken from trunk. They would be carefully selected, high-impact fixes only.

I guess I don't know what "compatibility" means in this discussion ...

- Bert -