[squeak-dev] Re: OpenGL morphic issue with "embedd in window"

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 20 03:00:00 UTC 2010

On 4/19/2010 4:21 PM, Lawson English wrote:
> OK, so still confused. I had hoped I could figure out what you meant
> concerning adding a morph to the SystemWindow but I can't figure out
> where/how to do so.
>
> bertf on #squeak pointed this out to me
>
> http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/OpenGLMorph37.3.cs
>

> tried to do things via >>outOfWorld and >>intoWorld but of course, not
> sure what I'm doing there, either...

Those methods get called whenever a Morph appears in or disappears out
of some world. Other methods (delete, hide, collapse, etc) only inform
the *top level* Morph about the change but the intoWorld: / outOfWorld:
method is called for every morph in the structure.

Basically, for your OpenGL morph you should delete the OpenGL instance
whenever you get an #outOfWorld: event. This will ensure that all the
operations you can do with system windows (close, collapse, restore)
will work properly.

Cheers,
   - Andreas