[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1.1 WTF?

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 18:00:28 UTC 2010

2010/4/17 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Ah, last minute issues :-) The files were named intentionally, under the
> assumption that there will be 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 releases. In which case I find
> it much preferable to have the *first* version be called 4.1.1 and the
> *second* version 4.1.2 and the *third* version 4.1.3 etc.
>
> Seemed pretty obvious to me :-) But before we start a bikeshed discussion
> around it, I'd be willing to change that if people really think it's such a
> big deal.

It's not so obvious. Software versions typically use 0 as minor or
otherwise not present.

Smalltalk vmVersion returns 'Squeak3.10.2 of 11 February 2010 [latest
update: #9314]'. Is that normal? Squeak4.0.2.exe is the file included
in RC5. Where 4.0.2 comes from? It's bit confusing. :)

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/