[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1.1 WTF?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Apr 17 17:47:15 UTC 2010

On 4/17/2010 7:45 AM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> David>  I think Smalltalkers must just have some kind of mental block when
> David>  it comes to zero-based indexing:
>
> David>  '4.1.0' asVersion ==>  Error: VersionNumbers cannot contain zero
> David>  or negative numbers
>
> Eww.  So that's why the files are misnamed?

Ah, last minute issues :-) The files were named intentionally, under the
assumption that there will be 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 releases. In which case I
find it much preferable to have the *first* version be called 4.1.1 and
the *second* version 4.1.2 and the *third* version 4.1.3 etc.

Seemed pretty obvious to me :-) But before we start a bikeshed
discussion around it, I'd be willing to change that if people really
think it's such a big deal.

Cheers,
   - Andreas