[squeak-dev] Re: Can i has underscores? :)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 16:52:37 UTC 2010

2010/4/14 Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
>> Why if its not a problem for rest of the world of importing an old-format
>> data,
>> for us this seems like an impenetrable barrier?
>
> because it's not data, it's syntax.

Wrong. Computer can't make a difference between one sequence of bytes
and another one.
It is we, humans, who making a difference and instructing computer to
process one data differently than another.

As for proof experiment: open an .image file in text editor and tell
me, where is all of so-called syntax gone.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.