[squeak-dev] Can i has underscores? :)

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Apr 14 13:02:36 UTC 2010

Maybe Andreas' solution is too confusing. However
we all have been warned by Ian, see [1] ;)

While I appreciate that it is now possible in the trunk image
(since I originally brought up the issue) I still
would vote for fully allowing underscores without any
preference.

We all know about the fear of "ugly code" but one
could write ugly code without it. I would vote for
the general freedom to use it.

Couldnt we follow the other Smalltalks who seem to
have no problem with it and the good old rule to
keep it simple.

Bye
T.

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-March/146567.html