[squeak-dev] Squeaking up for "'click' sound play"

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Wed Apr 14 09:57:54 UTC 2010

Hi Jerome!

2010/4/14 Jerome Peace <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com>:
> I was hoping to get this adopted quietly. The gatekeepers are asking me to show support for this feature. If you are in favor of this let it be heard.

In general I think it is not the best way to promote something new for
the core by creating an issue on mantis and waiting for "people" to
pick it up. Marking it major or block with a high priority also will
do little to this. It's more likely that the issue will rot on mantis
forever. So I felt that I was actually helping you along with your
idea by suggesting a better way to promote it and I had not the
impression of putting up additional hurdles.

So committing code to the Inbox, announcing it on squeak-dev, which at
best sparks off some discussion where people express there take on it,
sounds like a better way to me. And regardless what I think, if there
is support for it, a core developer might adopt it and it will get
into the core.

Alex