[squeak-dev] Re: quick handling of graphics files

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 14 04:05:12 UTC 2010

Hi Ross -

Profiling is your friend. In most cases, 95% of the time are spent in 5%
of the code. From what you're saying below it sounds that you're using
one of the 'special' PNG modes (black and white, or gray-scale) that
probably have seen less attention for optimization than others. Any
chance you can post a sample image for profiling it?

Cheers,
   - Andreas