[squeak-dev] Email board or box-admins freely

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Apr 13 20:23:15 UTC 2010

For some time now it has been an annoyance that to allow community
members to readily contact certain teams list the Squeak Oversight Board
or the box-admins by emailing the team list it was necessary to moderate
the list and periodically scan through loads of spam.  For a long time
now I've been spending something like a half-hour per week doing this
for the box-admins list.

Months ago is occurred to me that it would be nice if all squeak-dev
members were automatically whitelisted for these lists.  But my plan of
how to do this was conceptually pretty but overly complicated to
implement and frankly I wasn't that interested in tickling the innards
of mailman.  Recently Craig Latta suggested a far simpler plan and as of
today all members of squeak-dev are automatically added to the
whitelists for both box-admins and board mailing lists.  The whitelists
are updated once a day.

So if you are a member of this list (squeak-dev) you may now freely send
email to

box-admins at lists.squeakfoundation.org

if you have problems with one of the features of the community server

or

board at lists.squeakfoundation.org

if you would like to bring something to the attention of the Squeak
Oversight Board and there will be no delay for moderation.

Ken