[squeak-dev] Re: #recreateSpecialObjectsArray woes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Apr 12 16:32:17 UTC 2010

On 4/12/2010 7:17 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> what you think?

I think "no, no, no". Two reasons: 1) the extension of the splObjs
implies a hardcoded contract with the VM; having it externally settable
makes it look as if one could just stick in stuff for fun. 2) The
recreation of the splObjs implies specific knowledge about which values
should be added and which values should be removed.

In any case, there are only two packages that have ever made mods to the
splObjs array (FFI and Alien) for *very* specialized reasons. We should
just add these definitions manually and remove the patch from the Alien
package.

Cheers,
   - Andreas