[squeak-dev] SqueakMap updated on server and on trunk!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sun Apr 11 23:43:43 UTC 2010

Hi folks!

Ok, so now I have a splitting headache and am going to bed BUT...

- The SqueakMap server is upgraded to current SMBase and some bugfixes
to the web UI that was never deployed. The server now talks protocol
"version 2.3", this means old images will suddenly ask to be upgraded.

- The bootstrap script called "SqueakMap" on SqueakMap has been updated
and it seems to work in 3.8 and 3.9.1. Haven't tested 3.10 etc. Please
help out testing old images!

- The trunk now holds the SMBase package mentioned above, if you fire up
4.1.1 rc3 and load the latest SMBase from trunk, then everything should
work after that.

- The trunk ALSO holds a new SMLoader package, feel free to try that one
too - it has some more filtering features and buttons, and uses
ToolBuilder I think.

And oh, now SqueakMap uses SmartRefStream so the map file is called .rgz
instead of the old .sgz (ImageSegment). Slightly better, but of course,
we should move to a whole new model in the future.

regards, Göran

PS. I presume Andreas copies latest SMBase to 4.1, what to do with
SMLoader is still in the air. The new SMLoader package has three
variants of the loader and that seems to cause some issues with flaps,
object bin etc, so... well. :)