[squeak-dev] Annoted Workspace window take 1:

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 23:25:21 UTC 2010

Chris Muller wrote:
> You may want to consider dragging out a plain Text rather than a
> workspace window..  It's lighter-weight, but it might work better,
> since I doubt workspace was written with the idea of embedding morphs
> in it..
>
> In Maui's text-widget, I chose to allow embedding of any object as a
> "character" that flows like any other in the text..  I believe this is
> possible in standard TextMorphs too..

Kool. At this point, its totally in brainstorming mode. As i try to
illustrate some aspect of squeak, I'll try to facilitate the process by
adding to the morph.

I've already inspired one friend, 40ish years in the industry, to try to
work with Smalltalk again. Unfortunately, I don't do linux and the linux
docs on the wiki are probably the least intuitive so I'm still not sure
if they have squeak working yet.

Lawson