[squeak-dev] Re: Edgar from the Ostracism Re: Squeak 4.1 release candidate 2

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 10:52:51 UTC 2010

On 4/7/10 12:15 PM, "Simon Michael" <simon at joyful.com> wrote:

> 1. you want the squeak trunk image to be smaller
>2. you want automatic code loading in squeak
Smaller, modular, smarter. It's my long time try

> we want a quick 4.1 release to make available all the improvements in the
trunk,

Yes, me too.

If I insist on the .cs way (see other mails ) is about my task as Release
member in 3.10.
On each .cs going to the image .
1) Run all test and see if this particular .cs arise new non green test to
the list we know.
2) Check if any of the know troubles of 4.1 shows in this particular .cs

If 1) or 2) shows some is wrong, contact to who made the original .mcz from
where the .cs was made.

So this kind of process is kind of harvest trunk instead of harvest Mantis.

IMHO this only could give us a better 4.1 going to be part of Debian as we
hav right now.

And yes, any taking the responsibility sure have hard time as I have
building 3.10

Edgar