[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakMap soon working in 4.0/4.1!

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Apr 8 09:20:23 UTC 2010

Le 08/04/2010 04:29, David T. Lewis a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:38:08PM -0400, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>>
>> Why on earth are you fixing SqueakMap?
>
> Because SqueakMap maintains a catalogue of packages that have been
> developed over the last ten years or so, many of which are not readily
> accessible through any other mechanism.

exactly.

plus, SqueakMap has a functional web front-end that make it easy to look
for existing packages, see what's there and what it does.

in my experience SqueakSource is very opaque and next to impossible to
navigate: you only have a huge projects list strangely sorted taking 99
pages, and a list of tags somewhat more useful but still very clumsy to
browse.

so, long live SqueakMap, and if it has to be deprecated, let it be
deprecated by something better, not just something else.

(my rant now: again an occurrence of this silly "my stuff is better than
yours, yours should die" shit... when will people learn to respect
other's ways ?)

Stef