[squeak-dev] Re: Edgar from the Ostracism Re: Squeak 4.1 release candidate 2

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:58:30 UTC 2010

On 4/6/10 1:38 PM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> What I really don't understand here is why you think that it's easier to
> do that with change sets rather than Monticello. I've merged lots of
> systems and before Monticello this was an insanely painful process. I
> found that with Monticello this became almost reasonable; still
> difficult but no longer outright insane.

Take fresh 4.0.
Unzip this in same folder and filein first PrepareFor311Updates.3.cs
Now you could update local with
"Utilities applyUpdatesFromDisk" using real .cs
Or "Utilities updateFromServer" load from trunk and made this NUMBERED .cs
from the first day, not several updates later.
Also the update number change .

Regards

P.S. I stop with the first monticello complains, think if we use real .cs no
complains, but is just a theory...

Edgar