[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Morphic-cbr.392.mcz Breaks PopUpMenu

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Apr 5 01:26:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 06:15:00PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> It looks like dtl did someting in January to cause these methods to
> need to be prefixed with 'morphic' or 'mvc', and the dynamically
> assembling a selector to perform...  ugh.
>
> I see that the methods are there on PopUpMenu *without* the 'morphic'
> prefix.  So can we get rid of the code which prepends the prefix or do
> we still need it for mvc compatibility?

This was done to support reloadability of MVC. The right thing to do is
get rid of it in conjunction with adding the necessary toolbuilder support.
See method comment in Project>>dispatchTo:addPrefixAndSend:withArguments:

Project>>dispatchTo:addPrefixAndSend:withArguments:
	"Sender wants to perform a method with dependencies on the type of project.
	Dispatch to an appropriate method for the current project.

	This method is a workaround for lack of proper ToolBuilder support in the sender,
	and should be eliminated when possible (dtl Feb 2010)"

There are only a few senders of this method, so making it go away is both
possible and desirable. But it does require some ToolBuilder work.

Dave