[squeak-dev] muO screencast

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 20:09:27 UTC 2010

2010/4/3 Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> Also I have to disagree that my greatest asset is sound. It is not. I am not
> a good enough composer to dare attract people with my sounds :)

This is not what I meant anyway. I mean something that would show off
what muO is capable of. You have shown me a page with some
compositions and it gave me already a better idea. That would be good
enough to start with, I would say.

>> Many of us are also very busy. You make the assumption that we would
>> rush to try your system right away.
>
> I think you're making an assumption about my assumptions :)

We could argue on this one. Not sure it would benefit any of us though. :)

> The funny thing to me at this point is that it took you more time to discuss
> the screencast with me than to: see the screencast, google "muo squeak",
> download the image, play with the documentation, hear sounds.

I did better. I have contacted you and then looked around what you've done.

> I appreciate your feedback, but I don't understand why the feedback is about
> the screencast, not about muO. Something went the wrong route here :)

You're right and that's exactly what I am telling you. You have
sparked interest in the screencast rather than the system. :P

>> On top of that you expect us to "buy" a sound system
>
> Please, why should any piece of information be considered advertising ? I
> really don't get it. I have nothing to sell, there is nothing to buy. I have
> no interest whatsoever for the wrong kind of persons getting in touch with
> me about a piece of software that is not for them. I'm definitely not
> advertising muO. muO has been there for years, evolving quietly; from time
> to time I make a little noise about it here and there, some people contact
> me and it's ok like that.
>
> My domain is research, not marketing. I despise marketing. Please don't
> confuse me with a salesman; it's insulting.

Let's not insult marketing and sales people. :)

Are you saying that you don't have to "sell" your ideas for research
projects? I have never heard of such thing. Everybody has to convince
others of something at some point.

> regards,
>
> Stef

Ian.