[squeak-dev] Re: Slime

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Apr 3 17:37:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 4/3/2010 7:54 AM, Ralph Johnson wrote:
>> Why would OB be a no-go?  I am very happy with OB, and like it better
>> than any other Squeak browser.
>
> I can't speak for others but in my experience OB is too slow to be of any
> use. When interactions on a 2GHz dual-core box take seconds I can't get work
> done.

I think that was OB + some other stuff (like automatic method
categorization). OB in itself is as fast as the default browser and
some has great features.
What I'm really missing is "Recent classes..." from the menu and the
movable splitters between the upper panels (aka resizeable panels). It's
really a PITA to resize the full browser to see the name of the current
category/class/protocol/method.

Levente