[squeak-dev] re: Experiences with Squeak and Gemstone?

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Sat Apr 3 09:06:50 UTC 2010

We develop in Pharo and then deploy in Gemstone.

As Pharo is a moving target and Gemstone has a fussy parser
and different frameworks, the development monticello files
are integrated (at least) daily against a local running
Gemstone/appliance.

When we started, we waited too long before porting to
Gemstone. Some things to be aware of:
- don't end the first line of the method with a dot;
- don't end a method with multiple empty lines;
- method parameters should not shadow instance variables;
- method length is not unlimited

Stephan Eggermont