[squeak-dev] RE: [Pharo-project] Compiling the VM

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Apr 2 12:31:25 UTC 2010

Interesting!  The libpulse part, I mean, in connection with my dlopen() problems.  Running Pharo from a terminal (I still think it should log this stuff on its own) captures messages like

          Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 643: _dl_open:

      Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

and feeding that into Google turns up mention of Skype, library dependcy hassles, and Debian bug 548983.  Just grabbing at straws here, but could the problem be caused by the sound library?

Bill