[squeak-dev] MessageNames: clicking on class names

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Apr 1 19:59:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 13:20 -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> > I noticed that the new search morph in the docking bar will bring up class
> > names as well as selector names. For instance, searching for "obj" will show
> > things like "AbstractObjectsAsMethod".
> >
> > If you hit the browse button on these entries, though, nothing happens.
>
> This is because the preference, #alternativeBrowseIt is disabled, by
> default.  Crazy isn't it?  If just enable that and you can (b)rowse
> hierarchy's, i(m)plementors, or se(n)ders with those keys..
>
>  - Chris

It's not that simple.  There is another clearly related problem that
this does not address (oh, and your solution does not fix the problem,
it simply leaves out the most glaring instance of the problem).  The
'instance', '?', 'class' buttons have the same problem as the alternate
browser buttons.  Even more fun because they are in a subpane of the
upper frame, try to enlarge just the source code pane by pulling the
main divider up...the instance/?/class button pane is squashed and once
it reaches it's lower limit you can't move the main divider up any
farther.  Instead you have to start by dragging up the divider between
the pane listing the classes and the button pane then drag up the
overall divider leaving enough space for the buttons.  Not intuitive in
my book.

Ken