[squeak-dev] Waiting forever on squeaksource (citezen)

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:18:40 UTC 2009

El lun, 09-11-2009 a las 08:09 -0200, Edgar J. De Cleene escribió:

> On 11/8/09 9:14 PM, "Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez" <miguel.coba at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Do you need Squeak for some reason? If not, just use Pharo.
>
> This kind of mail UPSET me.

Too bad for you then.

> If you wish be lost in the fog of boredom and you only interest is Web, well
> go Pharo (or PHP or Perl or Python)

As most of the lately attention to squeak is. Lets be serious, there is
a tiny market for pure Squeak or desktop apps right now, no matter how
good the technology is.

> If as me you think Squeak have lots more , stay here.

For academic purposes I agree, in fact it is really wonderful the things
you found on squeak but, squeak isn't the only source of innovation.

- Squeak loudly promotes OODBs like magma but see the current times.
Non-relational and non-object-oriented databases are the way to go for
quite a few applications. No matter how good the OODBs are.

- That you can use the Squeak to teach children all around the world,
marvelous. Really marvelous, but my kids need real food right now and
the webapps are bringing food to my table.

- You like Squeak  a lot, great, I like to have a tool to sell software
or services to people willing to spend a few bucks on them, great for
me.

And no, I didn't say hey, don't use squeak, doesn't work, is bad, it is
the plage. No. I said:

> Do you need Squeak for some reason? If not, just use Pharo.

An honest questions, if he needs squeak then well try to fix the problem
for Squeak. If he doesn't need squeak, then why lose time, use Pharo and
get *the real problem in his hand* solved and go on.

Cheers.

> I don't ask you join us, but please don't fight against us.

Sorry but you are the one fighting.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx